House Parent and Activities Leader - Summer School
Our award-winning Summer School is one of the largest in the country, with a capacity for ~190 children. Our students come from 40+ countries, and stay with us for either 3 or 6 weeks.
The programme is residential; the children and most staff live on site together for its duration.
Our children choose to spend their summers with us so that they can learn and practise English, make friends, experience life in the UK and in a British boarding school, learn new skills and have fun. Our programme is a mixture of English Language lessons; classes in the arts, sports and vocations; leisure & activities and off-site excursions.
The role of the House Parent and Activities Leader is to supervise, educate and entertain international children aged 9-17 in a boarding school environment and duties will include:
- Meet & greet children at airports
- Be on overnight duty on boarding corridors for 3-4 nights per week
- Supervise children during breakfast and dinner times
- Lead afternoon activities and lessons
- Accompany and supervise children on 2 excursions
- Any other duties consistent with post
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!