AbbVie Graduate Programme - Operations Development Programme
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. AbbVie’s Irish operations employ more than 700 people across five sites in Ireland. There are three Manufacturing facilities in Sligo and Cork as well as a Manufacturing & Engineering Services and a Commercial Services office in Dublin.
The Operations Development Program (ODP) is a global leadership development program. The ODP offers a formal three-year program, based on one’s discipline, with three twelve month assignments in different areas of Operations including the option to do a Global Assignment. ODP assignments are crafted to develop exceptional functional and leadership traits, by working on a wide range of projects and gaining exposure to different leaders in the company.
The Operations Development Program (ODP) and two of our graduate members have been the recipient of Gold Awards from Gradireland.
The ODP is focused on developing high potential leadership talent for AbbVie Operations globally. This program combines hands-on experiences and career mentoring with technical and leadership training to accelerate professional development. Members will graduate with a diverse experience, technical ability, and the self-confidence to make remarkable impact for our patients.
Over the course of the three year program, you will be given extensive opportunities to develop both professionally and personally which will give you the required skills needed for future success within our organization. We will work with you to create a personalized development plan to serve as a step-by-step guide towards the experiences, knowledge and resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
- Two rotations within their discipline
- One elective/leadership rotation
- Competitive Global Assignment option
Members work on a variety of assignments and cross functional project teams within AbbVie’s operations departments such as; Technical Operations, New Product Introduction, Bulk Manufacturing, Packaging, Science & Technology, Quality and Engineering. And, will have the opportunity to visit and work in other the AbbVie sites.
Members are paired with a mentor, who will provide you with support and guidance in the development of your career. Receive training customized to support your individual growth and development. Report to an assignment manager for each rotation who will oversee your day-to-day responsibilities.
Members attend an Annual Development Program summit in Chicago and will receive leadership training and networking opportunities in collaboration with other functional development programs.
- Recently graduated Process & Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Chemist, BioScience/Technology, Pharmacy (Masters)
- At least one internship or similar working experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong academic performance and extra-curricular achievement.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, integrity and professional maturity.
- Highly ambitious as well as strong aspiration to develop into a leadership position.
- Ideal candidates will have no more than two years work experience after graduation to qualify for the ODP.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!