Graduate Policy Analyst/Economist
There are IGEES Graduate Policy Analyst/Economist roles in every Government Department. The work varies depending on the requirements of the Department, but typically covers one or more of the following:
- Contributing to national policy development across a wide range of areas;
- Using data, quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques to conduct policy analysis and evaluation;
- Contributing to appraisals and evaluations of significant areas of expenditure in line with the Public Spending Code;
- Economic modelling and forecasting;
- Contributing to briefing and advising senior officials and Ministers;
Providing technical advice and guidance to ensure effective regulation.
IGEES Graduate Policy Analysts/Economists will also participate in a one year graduate programme which covers the core competencies required for working effectively in the Civil Service.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!