Undergraduate Placement Engineer (Sept 2020) - Mechanical / Mechatronics / Electrical / Software
MAHLE Powertrain is a global engineering consultancy that specialises in the design, development and integration both of advanced internal combustion engines and of electrified powertrain systems. Our dual technological strategy is the further optimisation of internal combustion engines and, at the same time, leading the development of electromobility.
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility to shape the future?
We are seeking exceptional undergraduate engineers in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical and software engineering disciplines to contribute to the realisation of our technological strategy and to the growth and development of our engineering team. You will help to shape the future within the constantly evolving Automotive industry
What would we provide for you?
- One of 6 twelve month placements at our Northampton site, commencing in September 2020
- Opportunities to develop your technical and interpersonal skills
- Practical experience in one of our main departments, such as Research & Advanced Engineering, Design, Analysis, Development, Calibration or Build & Test
- Innovative live projects from day one, which will have a direct impact on our business
- Opportunity to become a STEM Ambassador
- Friendly & supportive working environment
- Opportunity to gain fast track access to our graduate programme once you have completed your studies, along with financial support during your final years of education
Some areas that would pique our interest are
- Studying towards a MEng or BEng Degree in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Systems and Control Engineering or Instrumentation
- Flexibility, passion to deliver, analytical thinking and collaboration with a real interest in the future of powertrains
- Extra-curricular activities would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holiday and statutory entitlement
Technical interviews will be held from January 2020
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!