Engineering Co-Operative Student Placement
GSK’s Engineering Department are looking for two Engineering Students to join our site in Dungarvan, Waterford for your Co-Operative Placement 2020. This is the perfect opportunity for you to gain some valuable experience, whilst working with familiar products and a global leading company.
This is an 8 month position:
As a Student Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Work in the Engineering Maintenance department
- Scope of work is improving Planned Preventative Maintenance Reliability of Plant Assets
- Basis of work is reviewing all the Critical Preventative Maintenance Routine task lists against a predetermined standard, and updating the Critical Preventative Maintenance Routines in line with that standard.
- Interaction with the Engineering Supervisors & Team Leaders will be required in order to elicit information, as well as reference materials from associated Global Engineering Standard
- A knowledge of basic Plant Asset Care will be required
- Training will be given on the Maintenance Module of the SAP / MERPS system
- Program to be managed using ‘Project Management’ approach (Scope, Schedule, Recourse,)
- Additional minor Reliability Improvement projects within the Engineering Department also in scope as work schedule allows
- Local Standard Operating Procedure, LSOP 22.100
- Global Engineering Standard, GES103
During your placement you will get the opportunity to work and gain valuable experience with the below departments:
- Engineering Maintenance Planning & Scheduler
- Engineering Maintenance Reliability Engineers
- Engineering Maintenance Supervisors
- Maintenance Technicians
- Engineering Compliance Engineer
- Quality Department
- EHS Department
- Operations Department
Why work at GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!