Technical Development Engineer
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Process Engineer will function as a key member of the Technical Development Team. This position will provide process engineering support for existing and new processes in the Cork site to ensure that customers and clients are provided with the products they need and that the site’s technical, quality and safety metrics are all achieved. The individual will be the engineering technical expert for assigned processes and equipment and will support the development and implementation of new products and technologies at the Cork Site. This engineering position will also drive continuous improvement activities and be involved in problem solving projects.
What will you do?
- Acquire a detailed understanding of the technical aspects of the process, equipment and facilities.
- Take lead on engineering change control, process and equipment optimisation and technical engineering aspects of the process.
- Support product changeovers, process and equipment validation.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
- Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering.
- Previous experience in process engineering role.
- Technical understanding of unit operations required for small molecule API manufacturing including chemical reaction, phase separations, distillation, crystallization, filtration and drying.
- Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to join our expanding API site, and be part of a Global organisation offering long term career possibilities.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!