Graduate Rotational Program
Realize your full potential. Start your career with one of Canada’s largest and most reputable banks.
At RBC Investor Services, graduates from a variety of academic backgrounds have the opportunity to engage in a fast-paced environment with a world-class reputation. A specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide, Investor & Treasury Services is one of the five reporting divisions of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Committed to helping clients thrive and communities prosper, RBC is the largest bank in Canada and one of the world’s leading financial institutions, not just by market capitalization, global footprint or service diversity, but by reputation.
What is the opportunity?
Commencing in September each year, the Graduate Rotational Program (GRP) is a two-year program, consisting of four rotations across various teams in Investor Services, designed to help you gain a holistic understanding of our business. With tasks and responsibilities assigned to hone your technical and professional capabilities, a tailored learning program, a global peer network and collaborative approach, the GRP will equip you with all the necessary skills you need to succeed. Upon completion, successful graduates will be offered a permanent position within Investor Services, based on business needs and your preferences and performance throughout the program.
What will you actually be doing?
- Engage with your team on relevant and impactful work, identifying operational efficiencies and leveraging your creative problem-solving skills
- Apply your curiosity to analyze and make strategic recommendations on the projects to which you are assigned
- Build your professional network and skills in an inclusive environment where new ideas are encouraged
- Participate in a global graduate program, connecting you with colleagues around the world!
What’s in it for you?
As a global leader in asset servicing, Investor Services is the ideal place to have an impact, share ideas and learn.
- #1 global custodian with the strongest credit ratings among our peers
- Renowned for our #1 client service rankings
- Award-winning fund accounting and transfer agency services with lead market shares in major business hub
- Present in over 20 global locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia
- Graduate programs in Canada, UK, and Ireland ensure a global lens to collaboration and learning
- We are committed to advancing technology.
- Corporate Responsibility frames our approach to business, in which we work to make a positive impact on society, the environment and the economy. In 2015, we committed over $100 million CAD in donations and sponsorships worldwide to support community activities and organizations.
Learning and Development:
- Robust technical training and professional development curriculum with a unique blend of facilitated workshops, online learning and on-the-job coaching and mentorship
- Multi-tier support model, with three-day induction on RBC Investor Services for all participants in the Graduate Rotational Program to ensure a smooth transition from school-to-work
- Immersion in a professional, accomplished, progressive team
- Exposure to senior leadership across the organization
What do you need to succeed?
Investor Services values diverse, innovative perspectives and believes talent can come from any and all academic backgrounds.
While a business or banking background isn’t necessary, we are looking for curious and committed graduates with:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university program
- Strong academic achievements
- Genuine interest in business operations
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Innovative, open mind-set focused on solving for unique challenges
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of self-awareness
- Proven leadership capabilities as demonstrated in professional, academic and extra-curricular activities
Want to continue the conversation?
Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on campus recruitment.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!