Summer Internship Programme
Realize your full potential and gain experience with one of Canada’s largest and most reputable banks.
At RBC Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS), Graduates from a variety of academic backgrounds have the opportunity to engage in a fast-paced environment with a world-class reputation. A premier provider to the world’s leading asset managers and financial institutions, we place clients at the core of our operations. With offices in 17 countries, our global team is regularly recognized for its products, capabilities and dedication to client service excellence.
A specialist provider of asset services, custody, and payments services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide, I&TS is one of the five reporting divisions of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Committed to helping clients thrive and communities prosper, RBC is the largest bank in Canada and one of the world’s leading financial institutions, not just by market capitalization, global footprint or service diversity, but by reputation.
We are looking for students graduating in 2020 or 2021 with:
- A genuine interest in business operations
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- An innovative problem-solving perspective when faced with unique challenges
- A desire to be engaged in your community
What is the opportunity?
Through our hands-on Summer Internship Program (SIP), you will gain valuable insight into our Global operations business. You will be assigned to a specialist team to help deliver projects and initiatives.
With tasks assigned to develop your professional capabilities and understanding of our products and services, as well as frequent learning and coaching opportunities, the SIP is here to equip you with all the necessary skills you need to succeed at RBC.
What will you actually be doing?
You will be placed within one team for the duration of the Summer, in order to:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of your area of business through assisting with day-to-day priorities
- Gain experience solving complex business challenges
- Collaborate with your team on relevant and impactful work, identifying operational efficiencies and leveraging your creative problem-solving skills
- Build your professional network and skills in an inclusive environment where fresh perspectives are encouraged
- Participate in a Global internship program, connecting you with colleagues around the world
Potential teams include:
- Product & Client Experience
- Operations (Fund Accounting, Transaction Management, Client Reporting, Shareholder Services)
- Global Client Coverage (Sales)
- Operational Risk
Internship opportunities are aligned to:
- Automation & Process Re-Engineering
- Client Engagement
- Product & Digital Enablement
- Finance (Fund Accounting, etc.)
- Project Management
What’s in it for you?
- As a global leader in asset servicing, you will be joining a high performance team with the opportunity to have an impact, share ideas and be heard
- Routine learning opportunities and on-the-job coaching and mentorship
- Immersion in a professional, accomplished, progressive team
- Exposure to senior leadership across the organization
- Upon completion, consideration for a full-time position in the I&TS Graduate Rotational Program
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!