Civil and Structural Engineering Placement
SDS design engineers specialise in building design and engineering with particular expertise in architectural, civil & structural engineering. We have 30 employees, are a growing company and have employed 11 new staff in the last 18 months.
Our clients are both public and private, including government bodies, developers, main contractors and owners in the following sectors: industrial, commercial, residential, hotel & leisure, education and water engineering.
We are engaged in a number of exciting and challenging projects throughout Ireland and the UK.
- 2 years successful completion of a degree course in civil or structural engineering.
- You must be familiar with AutoCAD and be capable of preparing technical designs & drawings to an intermediate standard.
- Be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time.
- Self motivated with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (fluent in English).
- Assist the design team with design information
- Communicate with engineers/architects when preparing drawings/designs.
- Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision.
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements.
- Willing and responsive to the demands and coordination of other design team professionals, clients and contractors.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
What you will get in return
- Experience in the following software packages : AutoCAD, Revit, Robot and Staad PRO-QSE.
- Full working knowledge of British and Eurocode Design Standards for Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Timber.
- You will gain great exposure working across a range of projects in a growing company.
- You will be working closely with senior staff.
- Access to company CPDs and training.
- Our office is in Castlebar, Co. Mayo in the picturesque West of Ireland.
- We are located beside the Atlantic Ocean and the world famous Wild Atlantic Way (www.wildatlanticway.com/home ) which boasts breath taking scenery and immediate access to all types of outdoor activities from world renowned surfing beaches, to Cycling, Hill Walking and Kayaking to name but a few.
- Castlebar is the vibrant capital town and administrative centre for Co. Mayo with a population of approx. 15,000.
Send your CV and cover letter via email.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!