VistaMed are currently hiring for Associate Engineers. This role offers Graduates the opportunity to join our team and grow their career in an innovative & leading Medical Device manufacturer.
We offer all the usual benefits...an attractive package, an onsite state of the art Gym, a subsidised canteen BUT more importantly we can offer the Graduate a Career that will give you Exposure, Experience and a chance to Excel.
Check out our detailed Job Specification below!
- Third level Qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Medical
- Duties/Accountabilities (incl. Deputation): Associate Engineers will be assigned to Senior Engineer(s) to assist and complete tasks as below:
This involves but is not limited to:
- Development & maintenance of process & tooling including providing specifications and procedures.
- Ensuring that the necessary testing, evaluation & control of equipment measures are in place to monitor & support product quality.
- Assisting in the introduction of New Products including:
- Developing new processes
- Carrying out process trials and testing
- Compiling engineering and production documentation including Product Drawings, Work Order Packs, BOM’s. PFMEA’s, RMS’s Reports, etc.
- Organising Validations including IQ’s, OQ’s PQ’s etc. This could include writing Protocols and Reports.
- Design, manufacture/sourcing and development of fixtures, tooling and equipment as required.
- Specifying and sourcing of materials.
- Specifying extrusions
- Customer liaison
- Problem solving and troubleshooting on Non-conforming materials, customer complaints and incapable processes.
- Participation in Lean GROWTTH and other cost saving activities.
- Training of Technicians and Operators as required.
- Participation in the development of plant lay-outs, material travel & handling & over-all work plan in order to provide effective synchronous manufacturing.
- Participation in Corrective and Preventative Action programmes.
- Participation in the Internal Quality Audit Programme & Vendor Audit Programme.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
Additional duties/accountabilities (as applicable) may include:
Maintenance and upgrades on facilities, AHU, Chillers, Boilers, Buildings, grounds, Clean rooms, etc.
Assignments and Projects in other departments to broaden skill base and knowledge.
Note: All tasks to be carried out in accordance to Regulatory Standards (ISO13485, etc), VistaMed’s Quality Procedures, VistaMed’s Operating Rules and Standards (Employee handbook, Health & Safety, Environmental, etc).
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!