Research Lead - Feasibility of a National Cerebral Palsy Register
Research Lead – Feasibility of a National Cerebral Palsy Register
One year fixed term contract (full time/part time) - based in the CRC
Reporting to the Medical Director of the CRC and Project Steering Group this represents an excellent opportunity to lead out on this exciting and foundational project for developing a national Cerebral Palsy register in Ireland. This project is co-funded by the Central Remedial (CRC) and the National Children’s Hospital Tallaght Foundation.
The successful candidate will use and develop his/her leadership, project management, relationship-building and research skills by leading out on a feasibility project for a national Cerebral Palsy register. This project will lay the foundations for a sustainable national register for this client group with the overarching aim of collecting comprehensive incidence and prevalence data and information on clinical and other factors associated with cerebral palsy incidence. The overarching purpose of the national register is to gain an accurate understanding of the prevalence of cerebral palsy in Ireland and associated factors. This knowledge will assist in planning health and social care services and by identifying associated factors it may be possible to prevent or reduce the impact of cerebral palsy on individuals and families throughout Ireland and beyond.
Applicants for this position must have the following essential requirements;
- A relevant professional qualification in one of the following disciplines – Allied Health Professions, Nursing, Epidemiology, Health or other relevant Life Sciences.
- A minimum of three years’ postgraduate experience.
- A proven track record in the delivery of significant projects and/or research output.
- Be proficient in the medical/scientific language required to conduct this role such as obstetrics, paediatrics, neurology and/or disability.
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database software.
- Excellent writing skills such as business planning, report writing or project proposal writing skills.
- Experience of working with/on a disease or other clinical population register project.
- Experience in and knowledge of health and social care services.
- Experience of working in the areas of paediatrics, neonatology, obstetrics, neurology, disability and/or related areas.
- Experience in database design, development and management.
- Experience in management, supervision, and leadership of a team/department/large project.
- Recognised post-graduate qualification in statistics, research, IT, epidemiology or related area.
- Experience in conducting clinical and/or other similar research.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!