Upffront is a start-up, online marketing and distribution company. We promote “performance sailing systems” and are building a worldwide sales and marketing infrastructure. The two directors have extensive knowledge in performance marine products and their distribution. The company is just launching a new website platform which is the trigger for a significant growth phase. The company operates its offices in Kiel, N. Germany.
Product Manager Role
Under the guidance of the directors, you will have a key role in developing our technical product information, working with suppliers and handling technical customer enquiries relating to sailing systems.
All Product Development graduates should have fluent English and an interest / passion for sailing.
As an internet business focussed on end consumers, in a very niche field, we see little value in employing experienced industry professionals. We are actively trying to change the way people do business in the marine industry and therefore, with the Directors extensive product and industry knowledge to fall back on, we intend to grow a young team from the ground up. There will be opportunities for management roles for any individuals showing the drive, enthusiasm and ability to lead others as the business grows.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Maintain the integrity of the technical information on our website
- Develop measurement and specification standards to simplify comparison of different supplier’s products
- Develop specification tools and resources
- Drawing Library
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a drawing library
- Ensure strict version control processes are in place
- Ensure Website product drawings are up to date across the whole site
- New product development
- Gather data for specified new products and put the data together to conform to our standards and prepare for upload to the site
- Integrate new products in terms of related items across the existing site content
- Supplier relations
- Develop and maintain links with specified suppliers to ensure we are fully up to date with latest product developments and product news
- Customer service and support
- Assist with day/day customer technical enquiries
Experience & Education
- Recently completed a technical degree
- This is not a specific engineering role
- We are looking for people to manage and specify technical sailing products
- Therefore, sailors with a technical brain will develop best in this role
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Web literate
- CAD and 3D modelling / rendering skills would be useful
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Takes initiative and can work alone or in a small team
- Organised, accurate but fast worker, with close attention to detail
- Good people skills
Essential for this role
- This business is about our customer’s passion for performance sailing.
- We are looking for employees who share that passion
- Therefore, we are looking for experienced sailors
- Upffront will develop as a multilingual site
- Therefore, we are actively looking for international students who bring an additional language to the business
- However, the business language is English and fluency in English is essential
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!