Assistant to the Managing Director
An export-focused Cork based company specialising in process, sale and distribution of marine algae products into the animal nutrition is searching for an Assistant to the Managing Director. The successful candidate would learn from the ground up. This will be a strategic hire to succeed the current MD within a 2-5-year time frame. Ultimately the time frame for succession will be contingent on how quickly the successful candidate can demonstrate the capacity to run the business.
- The successful candidate would hold an Agribusiness, Commerce or Marketing degree. A science related degree also very advantageous as opportunities in this business are science driven.
- Irrespective of degree they would have a demonstratable passion for the business environment and evidence of overall commercial acumen is critical.
- Be willing to travel overseas - approximately 30%-time requirement of the role
- Would possess a willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and do what is required to quickly, learning the business from the ground up.
- Working closely with the MD and other senior members of the management team this is a great opportunity to rapidly develop and fine-tune a wide range of skills
- The candidate would have basic IT skills, strong organisational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a busy, diverse and highly expectant environment.
- Would be ready for a new and strategic challenge with ultimately high rewards but is comfortable with earning their stripes within a hands-on culture
- Calmness under pressure, honesty, resourcefulness and a team player
- Assist the MD make decisions, learning and taking on responsibilities further within the process
- Assist with duties delegated by the MD in all dimensions of the business
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
Attractive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate which will commensurate with experience and will be confirmed during the interview process. If interested in this opportunity, please apply enclosing your CV and Cover Letter.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!