Field Service Engineer
New graduates will be considered provided they demonstrate a strong hands on attitude and a desire to succeed!
As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of our systems at customer locations, as well as associated maintenance and repairs. This role will involve providing global customer support from our location in Ireland.
On joining ASM, you will spend around three months on initial training at our Global Training Center in Phoenix, Arizona. You will then perform on the job training with a mentor, where you will work on technologically advanced multi-million dollar equipment sets.
- Perform installations, de-commissioning, preventative maintenance and repair of complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by implementing solutions quickly and accurately.
- Conduct professional customer training and provide quality responses to internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality.
- Represent the company in front of the customer in a professional and proactive manner to ensure customer satisfaction and ASM profitability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of digital volt meters.
- Good mechanical and electrical skills.
- Strong safety mentality and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RF induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
- The position will include onsite work in Ireland and/or worldwide travel, which could be 75% or more on an annual basis.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will get to work in a very dynamic, high tech and international company that has an open culture and a flat organizational structure.
- You will experience cross-functional responsibility within different departments and we will appeal to your need to drive innovation, leave your own mark and deliver excellence. At ASM, brilliance pays off.
- You work hard, and we return the favor.
Some of our benefits include:
- A competitive salary with a sizable performance bonus scheme.
- Travel allowance.
- Fully paid healthcare.
- Ongoing training & development to advance your career perspectives.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!