Contract Management Trainee/Intern
BioMarin focuses on developing first-in-class or best in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. These patient populations suffer from diseases so rare that they can affect as few as 1,000 people worldwide. The conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
Since its foundation in 1997, BioMarin has brought seven products to market, with five more in the pipeline, over half a billion dollars of revenue and a global footprint in over 40 countries. BioMarin are a recognized industry leader in developing treatments for rare diseases.
Consistent with BioMarin’s origins and entrepreneurial drive, it is a dynamic pharmaceutical organization with passionate employees. Patients are at the centre of everything BioMarin stands for and it seeks out individuals who want to make a difference and improve the lives of patients.
The BioMarin Legal contracts team in EUMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) has responsibility for the management of contracts for the departments and regional teams in the EUMEA organisation. The purpose of this position is to support the EUMEA contracts team in managing day-to-day contracting to ensure the smooth and swift delivery of contracts to the relevant internal stakeholders. This position will involve close interaction with colleagues from departments throughout the organization and liaison with the broader BioMarin Legal group and contracts teams worldwide. This role will be based in the Dublin offices of BioMarin and will be a temporary position up to 12 months.
We are a high-performing, team-based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as organizational skills.
- Draft and prepare all assigned contracts via the internal legal system and work closely with colleagues to turn around and expeditiously deliver legal support and contracts to the relevant internal clients.
- Assist with finalisation and signature of agreements.
- Assist with organizing and drafting company secretarial and corporate documentation where required.
- Maintain current understanding of laws and regulations applicable to pharmaceutical/biotechnology compliance, along with recent industry trends and changes in the EUMEA region.
- Assist with project management of various legal-related activities and initiatives where required.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- Have qualified with an honours degree at a minimum (a law degree a plus).
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the pressures on in-house legal departments and use of IT systems to process contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework affecting the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry in Ireland and/or across Europe.
- A sound Irish law knowledge as it relates to contracts and companies.
- Well-developed written, verbal and written interpersonal/ communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- A high level of administrative skills – excellent knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service focus, excellent organizational skills and proven time management skills.
- Strong task-focused work ethic with a demonstrated ability to work to and meet tight deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated flexible approach to adapt to changing in business needs that may arise.
- Proven self-motivation, a self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize issues and multi-task
- Demonstration of being capable of working on one’s own initiative without regular supervision.
- Vice-President, Head of Legal and Compliance, EUMEA;
- Senior Manager, Contract Management and Legal Systems, EUMEA;
- Contracts Associates in EUMEA and the other geographical regions.
- This position will interact and work closely with colleagues from all departments throughout the organization
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!