Food Technology/Home Economics Teacher
Engage Education is currently seeking a Home Economics/Food Technology Teacher to join a growing school based in the town of High Wycombe, in the county of Buckinghamshire. The busy town is surrounded by stunning countryside, but only a 25-minute train journey into central London.
The school recently opened a £5m new building that comprises 8 maths classrooms, 3 science labs and a new 6th form area. All pupils are offered a broad and balanced curriculum in all subject areas and through extracurricular learning too.
The school is focused on what matters: happy and well cared for students who are aiming for great results.
They care as much about the staff as they do their pupils and offer the use of the gym, a 2.50 pm school finish every day, free tea and coffee, and all staff are fully supported through their coaching and training program, treat Tuesday and so much more.
Their academic results last year were above average compared to national and local results. The Buckinghamshire Learning Trust says that the school "Has successfully raised standards in key areas and continues to make significant and
- The school will consider NQTs and experienced teachers
- Teachers from Ireland must be registered with the Irish Teaching Council under conditional or full registration
- Teachers must have completed the relevant teaching qualification. In Ireland, this is either: Professional Diploma in Education, Professional Masters in Education or Bachelors in Education.
- If you have another teachable subject, for example, Geography/History or Business Studies the school will also consider your application for other vacancies they may have.
- If you are from Ireland and need to get your PQE completed you can do that in this school, where they will offer you a high level of support.
Engage Education is a widely recognized, award-winning education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
- Offer a relocation bonus of up to £1,000 if you are relocating from overseas*
- Offer an excellent 'refer a friend’ scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our Partnership and Development Team
- Please apply below or contact our former teachers Rachel and Emma in the Irish office for more information
- If you are interested in any other vacancies with Engage Education, please get in touch. We do have opportunities for secondary school teachers in all subjects and for primary level teachers.
- Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!