Technical Textiles Project Manager - Donegal Yarns Ltd
Who we are…..
Based in Kilcar, Donegal Yarns Ltd dyes, blends, cards and spins woollen yarns for weaving, machine knitting and hand knitting. Over 40% of its yarns are sold directly for export and many of DYL’s domestic customers focus on export markets. Export markets include UK, USA, Italy, Germany, Scandinavia, Russia and Japan. The yarns produced are a specialist nepp yarn for which the company is world-renowned.
What the role will involve…….
The FUSION project will facilitate new product development and processes namely the development of new yarns from a combination of natural materials including sustainable fibres such as hemp. Additionally, the project will develop technical textiles for diverse industrial use including the automotive and aerospace industries.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €36,000, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Ulster University and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Min 2.2 degree in Textiles related subject
- Core knowledge in constructed textiles or spinning or technical textiles.
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have…..
- Postgraduate qualification in Textiles related subject with a specialism in constructed textiles, spinning or technical textiles.
- Experience of working in industry.
- Experience of Adobe CC (Photoshop/illustrator/Indesign).
- Experience in CAD packages relating to textiles.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!