Product Development Technologist - Howard Farms Ltd, Mallow, Co. Cork
Who we are......
Based near Mallow, Co Cork, Howard Farms provides animal feeds to farmers, using wheat and barley from our own farms, coupled with grain grown by local tillage farmers. The company manufactures and distributes a wide variety of livestock coarse ration mixes to the dairy, beef and sheep sectors and provides inputs to the tillage sector. Howard Farms’ feedstuffs are recognized in the Irish marketplace for their high quality and proven results in the field, while having a keen eye on cost for their customers and efficiency in producing top quality livestock.
What the role will involve…….
This FUSION project will design, develop and trial new total mixed ration (TMR) supplements or ‘balancers’ for cattle and provide the necessary supporting technical documentation to commercialise and deliver the final new total mixed ration solutions for optimal cattle nutrition with reduced environmental impacts for the Irish market. The TMR supplements will be produced at its own mill by Howard Farms.
The position carries an attractive salary offering up to €36,000. Based in Mallow, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Queens University Belfast and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- An Honours Degree in Biological Sciences, Animal Science, Agricultural Science or a closely related discipline.
- At least 6 months of agriculture or technology related industry experience (this includes a placement year)
- Legally permitted to work in the Republic of Ireland.
We would like you to have......
- A strong knowledge of animal nutrition.
- Practical knowledge of dairy and beef farming.
- Practical experience in product development.
- Practical experience of working with technical, production and sales personnel.
- Experience of handling and analysing large data sets and appropriate IT skills.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!