Design Engineer - Oakleaf Forestry Ltd.
Who we are…..
The company, based in Portadown, manufactures parts and accessories that can add value to forestry machinery by specialising in tractor and digger conversions and also making forestry guarding for tractors and diggers. In addition, the company sells forestry machinery which includes firewood processors, wood chippers and harvesting and extraction equipment. The business supplies customers throughout Ireland and GB. The company also complete subcontract work for local OEMs, such as conveyers and chassis for recycling systems.
What the role will involve…….
Oakleaf Forestry needs assistance to develop and integrate a new in-house automated cutting and folding system into its manufacturing processes to improve its production capacity and capability. A range of new products will then be developed based on this in-house process. The development of the new process and the resultant new products will present a number of key challenges and need new knowledge that the company does not currently possess. Trinity College Dublin has rich experience in developing automated manufacturing and production processes to stimulate NPD efforts. This project will deliver technical and knowledge transfer assistance in the areas of: process layout design, programming development, exploration of optimum cutting and folding parameters, and development of new products.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £30,000 - 35,000 depending on experience, the successful graduate will lead this 18 month project, in a supportive partnership with Trinity College Dublin and can also choose to undertake a fully funded post graduate qualification in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Hold at least a 2.2 honours (degree or equivalent) on Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Be legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK & EU
We would like you to have…..
- Experience in design and manufacturing or production processes. (Solidworks preferable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, good problem solver.
- Strong organisational and planning ability.
- Ability to work in a team on motivate others.
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative.
- Interest in the design of manufacturing processes and programming.
- Knowledge of industrial system design
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!