Environmental Engineer/Scientist - WEW Engineering Ltd
WEW Engineering Ltd is a specialist Consulting Engineering firm based in Kilkenny, focusing on wastewater management and waste for energy industry, both municipal and industrial. It designs and manages commercial waste projects for various multi-national companies in the Food, Pharmaceutical and Beverage industries. It provides specialist bespoke turnkey waste-water design solutions with full project management
What the role will involve:
The main objective of this project is to develop a process monitoring system for bio-digesters that will effectively measure the various parameters affecting biogas production to enable plants to operate more effectively, optimising gas production and economic performance.
The system will establish controls for inputs and outputs to measure the breakdown of organic material over time identifying trends and making adjustments accordingly to increase productivity. The project will require engineering and software expertise to programme sensors and controls to automate processes and the data collated will be processed via suitable software.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €30,000 - €40,000 DOE the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Southern Regional College and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have:
- Third level degree qualification in Mechanical/Process/Environmental/Electronic/ Mechatronic Engineering or an Environmental Science or Science qualification or a combination of both.
- Legally permitted to work in ROI.
We would like you to have:
- Experience or knowledge of measuring equipment, process control and PLC’s
- Experience or knowledge in the water/wastewater processing industry and anaerobic digestion
- Experience of Project management
- Experience or knowledge in data collection and analysis
- Experience or interest in R&D
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!