Electronic Engineer - Z Lift (UK) Ltd
Who we are…..
The company, based in Hillsborough Co Down, manufactures and installs into lorries and vans the mechanical and electrical infrastructure to hold and operate a range of tail lifts, air-conditioning units and refrigeration units. In addition Z Lift (UK) provide lifting equipment solutions used for loading food trollies onto aircraft.
What the role will involve…….
The main objective of the project is to design and implement an electronic system for the control of refrigeration units used in commercial vehicles. This will replace component products used by the company that are currently out-sourced and will include innovative features such as the capacity for predictive maintenance.
As this will be an innovative electronic design product undertaken by the company, the project will facilitate the implementation of structured procedures and tools for a new electronic design unit to control hardware, firmware and software development.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £30,000, the successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with Letterkenny Institute of Technology and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Min Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (ROI) qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Embedded Systems development experience with a working knowledge of microcontrollers and firmware
- A practical aptitude and passion for electronics with sound technical knowledge and debug skills
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK and EU
We would like you to have…..
- Experience of working in a relevant industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of circuit design (analog and digital), PCB layout and industry standard design tools
- Working knowledge of software version control tools such as SVN or Git
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!