2020 Technology Full-Time Analyst Programme
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Information Technology Division
The Technology division sets enterprise-wide standards that are flexible and customizable for the specific needs of AIG. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
Career Paths within the Division:
IT Business Operations
Business Operations Strategy: participants will serve as liaisons between the business and IT to gather requirements, recommend solutions, manage delivery, and implement broad technology solutions that meet business needs.
Roles: Project Coordinator, Business Analyst, Scrum Master
Business Intelligence: participants will analyze business needs and IT capabilities to identify and develop data-driven solutions to resolve business challenges while maintaining high quality data to enable efficient extraction of key insights that that drive vital business decisions.
Role: BI Technical Analyst
Customer Focus and Enterprise Protection: participants will monitor and manage issues and risks regarding critical technology assets and mitigate disruptions to user-experience.
Roles: Cyber Security Analyst, End User Support
IT Core Technology
Participants will deliver, maintain, and improve technical services and applications critical to the business.
Roles: Infrastructure Engineer, Application Developer, Database Administrator, DevOps Engineer
Applicants should show a keen interest from the following:
- Scripting languages; PowerShell, Python, VBScript/WSH or Unix Shell desirable
- Software development; C#, Java, .Net
- Database; SQL, Oracle, TSQL, PLSQL
Depending on the specific roles, building on above, you’ll gain exposure to number of different of areas:
- Virtualised technologies and cloud computing
- DSC tools such as Terraform, CF Engine, Puppet, and Chef
- Software development tools such as Microsoft TFS, Git, and Jenkins
- SAFe Agile Process Management
Full-Time Analyst Description
At AIG, we are constantly working to ensure that all employees have the training and skills they need to have a rewarding and successful career. Designed with that commitment at its core, our Early Career program provides a platform for participants to launch or accelerate their careers. Through a range of approaches including innovative experiential learning and technical training, performance assessments, formalized mentoring, and exposure to senior leaders, our Early Career program offers unparalleled development opportunities for our diverse early career talent. Whether you’re a recent university graduate, someone with less than two years of work experience, or a professional seeking a new career path, the program is designed to evolve with the rapid pace of technological advancements and changing employee preferences to ensure that today’s participants become leaders capable of conquering tomorrow’s challenges.
What is the Technology Analyst Program (TAP)?
- TAP is a leading technology rotational program that recruits high potential individuals from top universities
- Throughout the program TAP participants will develop a breadth and depth of IT skills and capabilities required to excel in the workforce
- Over 24 months TAP participants will complete three rotations of their choosing in different Technology Departments, each eight months long, to gain the knowledge, experience, and skills needed to graduate into one of these roles on a full-time basis
- TAP participants graduating into the same full-time role will join a cohort that serves as a community throughout the program
- Minimum 2.1 degree classification
- Pursuant of a bachelor’s or master’s degree, graduating in 2020
AIG seeks candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen, accounting knowledge) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility).
We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!