Tokyo Graduate Programme - IT Solutions & Support Engineer
Tokyo Graduate Programme
- 2-year Graduate Programme
Launch your IT career with us…just in time for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games!
Join our team of internationally-minded IT Solutions & Support Engineers providing professional IT services to many of the world’s leading multi-national corporations in Tokyo, Japan.
Graduate training involves a mix of on-the-job shadowing and mentor-ship, the right amount of sink-or-swim style problem solving, Japanese language learning and study for professional technical certifications.
As you learn and familiarize yourself with our support model, our customers and their technical environments, you will be assigned clients of your own.
We'll support you every step of the way in making the transition to life in Tokyo -
- Visa application support,
- Accommodation provided, comfortable and easily accessible to all Tokyo has to offer – and only walking distance from EIRE’s Tokyo head office.
- Assistance in learning the Japanese language and;
- A very warm welcome on arrival in Tokyo, with the help of a vibrant local Irish community!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Acting as IT consultants and project managers at client sites, we design, build and support data centers, office IT environments, back-end networks, and security and mobile infrastructure solutions. Each of our clients has unique technology demands, making for a dynamic and challenging job role and a rewarding career development opportunity.
As a new graduate engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to:
Provide exceptional customer support for various end-user computing technologies - i.e. desktop PCs, mobile devices and other office equipment, standard office and financial applications, client-server and cloud/web-based solutions etc.
Working with our team of experienced engineers, you will work in the field as a Support Technician and Systems Administrator for many different clients. You'll work in and around Tokyo, on-site at a variety of small, medium and large multi-national corporations.
Training includes a combination of on-the-job shadowing and mentor-ship and just the right amount of sink-or-swim style problem solving. As you learn and familiarize yourself with our support model, our customers and their technical environments, you will be assigned clients of your own.
And when you're not busy with projects and business-as-usual support tasks, you'll be studying for professional IT certifications and attending Japanese language classes.
Applicants will be expected to learn and develop in-depth technical knowledge of current and emerging hardware and software technologies and study for certifications provided by major technology vendors and other information providers.
Your high work ethic and motivation to develop both technical and professional expertise will be rewarded with ongoing opportunities to tackle a variety of IT projects and support services; a full range of tasks including:
- PC and mobile computing deployments and upgrade projects
- Implementation and management of Windows networks in a cloud environment
- Multi-site deployments; active directory, email and messaging technology support
- Network cabling solutions and Cisco device installs, configuration and support
- Security solutions (firewalls/encryption technologies) installation and maintenance
- VMware configurations with multiple SANs
- Conducting Site surveys and preparing systems audits, reports and recommendations
- Project management, project planning and implementation
- Vendor Management and Hardware/Software procurement consulting and support
- Customer management is a major challenge in this role.
Ability to work without constant supervision as well as good time management skills (i.e. identifying and prioritizing tasks) will be key to your success.
- Health & social insurance benefits;
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Bank Holidays (on the 2020 calendar there are 19 bank holidays!)
- Local transportation / commuting costs paid;
- Discounted fitness gym memberships and great deals on various other leisure activities;
- Cash bonuses for achieving professional/technical certifications
- Company social events (incl. Ski Trip, Kart Racing, Charity Fun-Run, Hanami Party, annual Bonnenkai and others);
- Access to a lake-side vacation cottage (free of charge, reservations required)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronic Engineering Degree with an above average academic record
- IT industry work experience and/or solid foundation knowledge of Windows, Cisco and Linux would be an advantage.
- Native level English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Japanese language skills not required - we’ll help you in your efforts to learn Japanese!
The EIRE Systems graduate hiring program will be most suited to recent graduates who wish to gain skills and experience in supporting and implementing IT infrastructure solutions (end-user computing, networking etc.).
Please Note: opportunities for software development and programming are not currently offered.
ABOUT APPLICATION & INTERVIEWS:
Following the initial application screening, short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule a telephone or Skype interview. Subsequent interview steps will be discussed during or following the initial introduction and screening process.
We intend to make offers to the successful candidates around April/May 2020 with a view to graduates commencing employment during the Summer of 2020. These offers will be subject to reference checks and academic qualifications.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!