Due to continued expansion, we now have the following vacancy in our Technical Department for a Packaging Technologist. Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, this person will work across the Marketing and Middle Office functions to ensure all packaging requirements are met.
- Identify, research and lead packaging innovation projects
- Lead in the development, packaging design, specification, testing, approval, implementation and execution of all packaging activities (primary and secondary packaging), leading projects seamlessly through internal stage gates and executing at external and/or internal manufacturing and packaging sites
- Lead all artwork approvals from a technical standpoint
- Attend press passes
- Manage and positively influence all key stakeholders (from design to print production)
- Co-ordinate packaging data and specifications
- Liaise with Repak providing updated information as required
- Drive packaging compliance with internal (QMS) and external quality, regulatory and other compliance systems and management of the packaging trials etc
- Co-ordinate the use of shared suppliers with other sites to maximize scale and efficiency to the business advantage
- Provide technical support to the purchasing department.
- Develop relationships with packaging companies and identify new potential packaging suppliers
- Support site monthly Technical Review meeting as required
- Drive the company Packaging related Problem-Solving Process with suppliers and internal stakeholders and close out corrective actions/preventive actions with suppliers
- A key contributor to the business sustainability agenda – driving the sustainability of packaging materials and positively influencing packaging material decisions in line with company and customer sustainability policies
- Graduates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical discipline covering wide range of packaging formats applicable to FMCG
- A strong working knowledge of packaging equipment/packaging components/printing methods
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team
- Driven to continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience necessary for the role, please apply now via our website, with your cover letter and resume.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!