Product Design Engineer, AirconMech Limited
Who we are…..
Since forming in 1996, AirconMech is now one of Ireland’s leading Building Services Engineering Contractors. We specialise in the installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, delivering first-class mechanical solutions Direct to Clients, Building Contractors, Fit-Out Specialists and Project Management Companies, locally, nationally and internationally.
Based in Co Wexford, we provide mechanical solutions to a host of industries serving sectors such as the Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Medical, Commercial, Residential Developments, Retail, Student Accommodation, Leisure and Government Buildings sectors.
We manufacture a small number of standard ducting bespoke joints and sections that are difficult to procure.
What the role will involve…….
Our objective for this project is to design and manufacture a new fire rated ductwork product for supply to the heating and air conditioning industries. This is a unique project as the company is both looking to develop a new product for manufacture and construct a new manufacturing facility to produce the new product.
There are a number of stages within the remit of this project. Its scope is not only to develop a new product and product line but to source and develop machinery to produce ductwork to the fire rated standard. A marketing plan will highlight the industries to target with the new EN fire rated ductwork which will include but not be limited to education, healthcare, hotels and residential sectors.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €25-€30k, the successful graduate will lead this 18 month project, in a supportive partnership with Southern Regional College and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Minimum 2:2 degree in Process, Manufacturing or Product Design Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an engineering / manufacturing business (steel work)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU
We would like you to have…..
- Experience in CAD
- Experience or knowledge of Building Services and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience or knowledge of Production Processes
- Experience or knowledge of Lean manufacture
- Experience or knowledge of Manufacturing Plant / Sheet Metal forming
- Experience or knowledge of Plant/Machinery Design
- Experience or knowledge of Ducting Manufacture, Installation and/or Fire Rating
- Project Management experience
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!