PR and Communications
For a company like L'Oréal, press coverage, influencer engagement, Retail Social Media support and PR events are at the heart of everything we do. Representing our 35 international brands, each with its own voice is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you’ll be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
Working in the press office, you will help us to portray our brands in the best way possible to the press. You would be a key team member working across the Consumer Products Division brands or Garnier, Maybelline, Essie & L’Oréal Paris. As an intern, your principal accountability would be to provide support to the press office in ensuring the smooth running of day to day business. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team, with exposure to senior management.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Managing product mail-outs & assisting the team on brand launches
- Management of press and influencer list updates, identifying new relevant targets
- Monitoring traditional media, magazines and influencer engagement for brand coverage and competitor activity
- Assist the in-house PR team with day-to-day press activity, media event planning activities etc
- Reporting responsibility – specifically weekly brand reports, media evaluations utilizing L’Oreal’s media and social platforms for coverage reach, engagement, EMV and AVE and other reports as required by the business.
- Responsible for competitor activity overviews
- Logistics responsibility – liaison with and ordering and securing product from distribution centres managing a stock and budget tracker re same
- Office support - ordering of stationary orders, post, taxis, couriers,
- Organising and managing schedules for events, press trips and Guests visiting Ireland
- Ensure we have strong presence across Beauty Awards, Editorial features, exclusives, cover opportunities where possible, working to the Head of Communications for any proactive and reactive requests
- Work closely and collaboratively alongside the marketing team, developing presentations/media coverage that delivers the best output for the business
- Keep the marketing team abreast of PR activities, working closely and in collaboration to support any instore promotion messaging opportunities
- You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the beauty business
- Understanding of communications tools
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- Have a technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- In your second year at University on a course, which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!