New Product Development Technologist - Golden Bake Ltd.
Who we are…..
Based in Coolock, Dublin 17, Golden Bake Limited produces high quality, frozen puff pastry products including favourites such as the Ham & Cheese Jambons, sausage rolls and various sweet filled products such as Apple Squares, Tarts & Turnovers. Golden Bake uses the traditional French method of making puff pastry to produce plain puff pastry in various shapes and sizes along with filled savoury and sweet pastries produced with only the finest ingredients. These are sold to foodservice and retail customers throughout Ireland and the UK.
What the role will involve…….
The objective of this project is to design and develop ready to bake frozen cookie pucks and upscale onto a new production line, which will allow Golden Bake to launch this exciting new bakery range to the foodservice market in Ireland and the UK. Currently, there are no other producers of frozen cookie pucks in Ireland, so the company see an opportunity to move into this market and gain significant share. Cookie pucks provide a simple and convenient way for retailers and consumers to produce freshly baked cookies where preparation time is valuable. The role will involve the development of a range of cookie and pastry product lines from mainstream, popular varieties to innovative new concepts and the execution of NPD activities including sourcing of raw materials, recipe development and reformulation, sensory analysis, baking validations, sample submissions and presentations, plant trials, troubleshooting and support to production.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €40 – 45,000 depending on experience, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Southern Regional College.
We need you to have…….
- Degree or Diploma in Bakery, Culinary Arts, Food Technology, Food Health/Food Science or related subject
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a food related role, which can include a placement year.
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have…..
- A real “foodie”, passionate about food, ingredients and emerging trends
- Practical experience working in the area of new product development
- Practical experience and a keen interest in the bakery sector
- A working knowledge of FIR labelling legislation.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- A good multitasker.
- Excellent communication skills, a good team player.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!