Graduate Engineer - Dawson Manufacturing & Engineering
Who we are…..
Based in Portadown Co Armagh, Dawson Manufacturing specialises in bespoke engineering solutions, offering fast response times to companies in the Food and Health sectors for products that are time sensitive. The products include sterile tables, access steps and feeder hopers. Dawson has a highly skilled workforce that has the experience and knowledge to work with materials such as stainless steel and Aluminum.
What the role will involve…….
The main objective of this project is to design and build a new high torque rotation drive unit which will be used as an excavator attachment. This rotational unit will provide additional axis of motion for excavator attachments allowing more complex tasks to be achieved with a wide variety of attachment types such as Waste Selector, Grapples and Shears.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £25-30K, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with the Technological University Dublin (TUD) and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Min B.Eng Hons level 8 Engineers Ireland Accredited Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with a 2.1 award.
- Legally permitted to work in the UK
- Good Solidworks skills
We would like you to have…..
- Working experience within technical product development or manufacturing, ideally within a similar sector
- Strong understanding of project management principles and technical documentation
- Appreciation of innovation processes and technology management
- Computer literate – strong Excel and report writing skills
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!