Product Design Engineer - LC Seating Ltd
Who we are…..
LC Seating is a supplier of rehabilitation and seating products mainly for wheelchairs. The company specialises in the provision of all types of custom-made mobility seating, including: carved foam, moulded seating, moulded toilet/shower seats, matrix, hybrid and modular. Based in Sligo, the company operates throughout Ireland, primarily dealing with occupational therapy / seating clinics in providing engineered solutions for a variety of complex seating needs.
What the role will involve…….
LC Seating wishes to design and manufacture a new modular base support for moulded seating systems. This will be an innovative step in mobility seating as bases are currently available in fixed sizes only. The development of this new product will reduce the cost of updating seating systems as user seating requirements change over time. In addition, the proposed modular base will offer a more environmentally sustainable solution, as fixed bases are presently scrapped when outgrown by the user. To facilitate this project and future new product development the company needs to advance their product design and engineering skillset and capabilities through their engagement in the Fusion programme.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €36,000/yr, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with North West Regional College and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Min 2.2 degree in Product Design Engineering, Product Design related discipline, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Industrial experience of 3D CAD design
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have….
- Postgraduate qualification in an engineering related subject / technical sales
- Two years experience of working in the product design or mechanical engineering sector.
- An understanding of the healthcare design process.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!