Youth and Community Worker
The Crann Support Group CLG are recruiting a Youth and Community Worker on behalf of The East Coast Family Resource Centre to meet the needs of the young people in Laytown and surrounding townlands. The Resource Centre hosts a diverse range of activities for the wider community and has a vacancy for an enthusiastic, motivated and youth focussed individual. We are seeking someone with leadership qualities, who has experience of working with young people in a range of settings with particular emphasis on youth mental health and wellbeing, with a clear understanding of quality led youth work.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building positive relationships with young people.
- Promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in young people.
- Planning, developing, delivering and evaluating responses to issues regarding young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Organise activities for groups of young people to engage with them and promote positive mental wellbeing. These activities will include elements from self-awareness, anger management, personal development or emotional literacy programmes as well as broader youth work activities.
- Engage in Outreach work as required
- Ensuring a youth work approach, adopting youth work methodologies to include developmental programmes, structured group work and one to one support
- To assist participants to develop an individual set of goals for their time with the project
- Ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is maintained
- Liaise and work with personnel in schools, agencies and other organisations that work with our target groups, as directed by the Project Co-ordinator
- Keep project records and provide updates and reports as requested
- Participate in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary, from time to time, by the Project Co-ordinator
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required & Requirements:
A nationally recognized qualification in Youth and Community studies/Social Studies/Mental Health nursing or a related discipline with experience in the subject area
Excellent working knowledge and experience of working with young people and Mental Health issues
A demonstrated ability to understand the challenges that face young people and their mental health
Excellent oral and written communication skills to produce and deliver reports Candidate must have full clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
This position is funded by Meath Children and Young people services committee(CYPSC)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!