Mechanical Engineer / CAD Draughtsman
Since 1980 Houston Precision Engineering has been providing high quality Engineering services to regional, national and international customers. Metal Fabrication and Precision Machining services are offered within the factory in Letterkenny, Co Donegal.
Products are generally designed and manufactured to customer specification. Some typical metal fabrication products include: Architectural features on buildings; Stainless Steel Storage tanks & Process vessels; Access structures in utility plants; Jigs & Fixtures for manufacturing.
A large variety of fabrication & machining services are available. These include: Laser, Plasma & Waterjet profiling machines. Large capacity CNC Lathes and Machining Centres, Large capacity vertical bore - Up to 2 meter diameter.
Description of Role
- The engineer will use CAD design and R&D in the development of new products.
- Processing of drawings for the, waterjet, laser and plasma profiling machines.
- The use of cad/cam packages for cnc turning and milling.
- The engineer will work closely with existing staff as part of a team.
- Punctuality & Reliability
- Problem Solving
- Liaison with customers
- Materials ordering from suppliers
- Work costing
- Meeting targets
Skills and knowledge required
- The successful candidate will require the following :
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Good competency in CAD design packages.
- Good design capability
- Good problem solving with machines.
- Have work experience in an engineering environment.
- Be cooperative and get on well with co-workers.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!