- Are you a recent graduate with a Quantitative Finance or Finance background?
- Are you interested qualifying as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)?
- Are you interested in joining a firm that delivers award winning training and opportunities for career progression?
We are currently seeking to hire Graduate Valuations Specialists who will join our Financial Services Audit practice. As part of the newly established KPMG Financial Instruments team (KFI), an expert team within KPMG focusing on quantitative topics such as the determination of fair value as well as valuation- and risk modelling of financial instruments and derivatives.
We ideally need you to have the following:
- Relevant third level degree (2.1 minimum) in finance or related field, Quantitative Finance would be desirable;
- Ideally professional experience in the financial sector, particularly in the analysis of financial instruments or knowledge of the relevant processes in the banking, asset management or insurance sector
- Sound understanding of the structure and functioning of standard financial products and derivatives
- Excellent Excel skills and Power Point
- Good communication skills and confident appearance
- Strong mathematical and numerical skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines on a regular basis;
- Ability to work within team.
Your work will be varied. Below will be some of your core responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of asset pricing in accordance with agreed internal pricing process;
- Analysis and valuation of financial instruments and derivatives relating to their fair value as well as the quantification of their risk
- Analysis and assessment of valuation and risk management processes at our clients
- Implementation and audit of regulatory and accounting requirements like IFRS 9, IFRS 13 etc.
- Development and market of new solutions for financial instruments
- Project management and project work
- Audit-proof documentation of the results
- Set up and maintain our databases
- Develop and present client oriented solutions
- Understand the theoretical and technical nature of all major investment types;
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis to obtain pricing data;
- Perform price exception validation ensuring data/ price exceptions are followed up and resolved in a timely manner.
We offer more than just a career opportunity:
- Excellent opportunity for progression, and the opportunity to gain Chartered Financial Analyst qualification
- An in-house award winning team of training specialists who will help you achieve your career goals
- Relocation assistance for those looking to move home to Ireland
KPMG Audit Practice
Our audit practice is one of the leading audit practices in Ireland and comprises of 26 partners and a team of over 700 staff. Our clients operate across all industry sectors, including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Energy, Aviation, IT and Pharmaceutical. We are the No. 1 provider of audit services in Ireland in a number of these sectors.
Our audit professionals combine extensive knowledge with a detailed understanding of various industry sectors so we bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to bear on each audit assignment we undertake. We continually invest in developing our industry knowledge through our client work as well as ongoing training and development of our people
Hard work is rewarded at KPMG:
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At this level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, performance based bonus, and a KPMG flexible benefits package.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click HERE.
If you are interested in the above role, please apply HERE;
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! You can find us on Instagram KPMG_Ireland, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle - @KPMGCareersIRL.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!