Process Technologist - Quality Irish Foods Ltd (Trading as Mr. Crumb)
Who we are…..
Based in Finnea, Mullingar, the business was founded in 1996, by Bernard Coyle and produces multi award winning, fresh premium stuffing, fresh breadcrumbs and fresh crust products for retail and food service. Other products including butters and cheese melts are produced for the food processing trades. The company has a range of frozen ready to cook snacks. The products are mainly distributed throughout Ireland and UK with some products entering European and American markets.
What the role will involve…….
This particular project aims to overcome technical processing challenges linked to chilled, prepared food production and support the development of new ready to cook vegan and toastie products for the retail and food service markets. The role will involve:
- Sourcing raw materials for new products.
- Working with the R&D to facilitate handover of a new product launch to Production & Customers including recipes, QAS, shelf-life testing, nutritional testing, cooking instructions and other testing as required by customer policies.
- Completion of cooking validations for new product launches with support from R&D
- Assisting in the signing off of artwork for new product launches
- Completion of QAS for customers with the support of the R&D Manager
- Facilitate and working with the R&D Manager with the completion of new product trials and first production of new products.
- Facilitate and working with Supply Chain to coordinate transit trial test where necessary
- Responsible for organising samples for shelf life and nutritional testing where necessary & recording all information in relation to the completion of shelf life.
- Completion of finished product specifications for new products
- Updating HACCP/Process flow in line with processes/products.
- Focussing on continuous improvement on processes and systems.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €22k - €25k the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with CAFRE (College of Agriculture, Food & Rural Enterprise) and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- A degree or equivalent in Food Technology/Science or an Honours degree in a science subject with a minimum of 1 food technology related module
- Access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities. (Please demonstrate this clearly in your CV)
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
- An interest in food who loves to learn about new flavours/ideas.
We would like you to have…..
- 1 year minimum experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge and experience in NPD
- Knowledge in process efficiency and lean streamlining
- Attention to detail to drive and deliver projects.
- Hold a full drivers License
- A positive and can-do attitude
- A creative and innovative approach
- Good communication skills
- A strong understanding of product launch procedures and will be at ease taking responsibility for carrying out trials, whilst working to a critical path and implementing HACCP
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!