Aspect A.S. Support Service
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Aspect Team. The Aspect A.S. Support Service provides specialist support and intervention in the community to adults with Asperger Syndrome (A.S.) / ASD Non-ID.
Aspect is currently recruiting for Key Workers in Cork and Kerry
To apply for the role, please contact the Aspect office by email on email@example.com to request a Candidate Application Form.
Closing date for completed Candidate Application Forms is 5pm on Wednesday the 12th August 2020.
- Third level qualification in Social Care, Psychology, Education, Health or equivalent is required. Relevant experience is desirable.
- Successful candidates must have their own car and a full, clean driving license.
- The service may also create a panel of successful applicants for a future start date.
Aspect is an HSE funded service which supports clients in Cork and Kerry who are over the age of 18 and have a primary diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome (A.S.) / ASD Non-ID.
Main Service Objectives:
- To provide an individualised service in the community through the provision of support and intervention (key-working, Multi-Disciplinary intervention, counselling, training/intervention programmes, and social groups).
- To provide support to family members.
- To increase awareness, education and understanding of Asperger Syndrome/ ASD Non-ID among professionals and the wider community.
- To advocate on behalf of clients and their family when appropriate.
- To promote personal independence
The Aspect model of service is underpinned by client choice, maximising independence, confidentiality, personal and social development, health and well-being, active citizenship, and active service involvement. Aspect staff are experienced professionals who provide specialised support and intervention to clients.
Each client is assigned a key worker, and together they identify the main areas of support and intervention on which the client wishes to focus.
Typical areas of intervention can include:
- communication and social interaction
- physical, psychological and cognitive well-being
- sensory sensitivities
- independent living skills
- social and community involvement
- leisure and recreation
Key workers can also liaise with training agencies, educational institutions, medical professionals, housing agencies, and employment services to support clients and promote awareness, education and understanding of Asperger Syndrome / ASD Non-ID.
The Aspect Service also provides Multi-Disciplinary support to clients, such as Counselling, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Psychology. The service also facilitates training programmes and workshops which focus on specific interventions and skills.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!