Chemistry Research Position (Inorganic chemistry & analytical chemistry techniques), Healthy Buildings (Ireland) Ltd
Who we are…..
Based in Newry, HBE is recognised as one of the leading suppliers of water hygiene services across the UK and Ireland, helping organisations provide a safe & compliant built environment for their employees and visitors.
We aim to exceed our customers’ expectations with a philosophy of delivering the highest standards in service across our water hygiene, water treatment, remote monitoring, consultancy and training services.
We have extensive experience in delivering health, safety and compliance services for the built environment across a number of sectors including Social housing; Acute hospitals, Health and Social care sites; Schools and Further Education; Government and Councils; Facilities Management & Property Management; Hospitality chains; Industrial and office facilities.
What the role will involve…….
HBE’s R&D vision is to be a leader in innovative technologies for the control of legionella bacteria and the focus of this project is to develop new modalities as effective biocides primarily focusing on the use of inorganic based materials.
In addition to the design and development of these novel biocides, and determining their effectiveness in treating legionella, it will also be necessary to identify degradation products from the treatment process and this will require the use of a range of analytical techniques, including ICP-MS, UVvis and fluorescence spectroscopy.
As well as an attractive annual salary offering of £30,000-40,000 (commensurate with experience), the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Dublin City University and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- MSc (Research)/Ph.D. in chemistry
- Relevant industry experience
- Legally permitted to work in the UK
We would like you to have…..
- Research experience in inorganic chemistry, materials/polymer chemistry, payload release or similar discipline as well as expertise in synthesis and characterisation of organic ligands or closely related structures
- Demonstrated ability to generate high quality data quickly and effectively deliver projects on time.
- Expertise in spectroscopic techniques- specifically UV VIS Spectroscopy and Luminescence
- Experience in ICP MS would be beneficial
The skills you’ll need to succeed
- Ability to independently drive project to successful completion
- Strong communicator with the ability to adapt communication style to suit audience
- Self-motivated, flexible, well organised and possessing excellent problem-solving skills.
To apply for this unique opportunity and for further information, please visit: https://intertradeireland.com/career-boost/current-vacancies
If you have any queries, please email us at: Sinead.Farrelly@hberm.com
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!