Graduate Quantity Surveyor
About Designer Group
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Why this role matters to DG
The commercial department is the essential cog in the business and links the commercial operations on our projects with the overall financial management of the business. This allows projects to run on budget and finances to flow as smoothly as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This person will report to the Senior Commercial Manager and some of the duties will include:
- Assist in commercial management of contracts and the profitability of contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates including detailed take offs.
- Assist in the production of final accounts.
- Assist in the production of sub-contract documents and commercial management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain spreadsheets for quotes, budget estimates.
- General contract administration.
- Assisting with monthly valuations.
- Preparation of bill of quantities, budgets, take-offs.
- Involvement with the compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy
- Excellent computer / IT skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical services is preferable, but not essential.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
How you can develop your career in DG
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and so encouraging continuous professional development and pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Please submit a covering letter with CV by clicking the "Apply by email button"
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!