Graduate Service Desk Technician
CIE Group IT&T has a requirement for an ambitious graduate to join the Service Delivery Team, this is an excellent opportunity for an IT student to gain valuable experience and further development with a progressive department. As a Service Desk Technician you’ll enjoy a fast-paced but fun environment working in a team with other I.T graduates & specialists. The right candidate with the right attitude will be given every opportunity to progress in the organisation.
CIE has one of the largest networks in Ireland encompassing 42 satellite sites, approximately 4,000 network connection points & 2 Data Centres in Dublin that the team support. They manage our fleet of 3,500+ end user devices ranging from Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft & Apple, 1,400+ Printers and a 550 Server Estate which is nearly 80% virtualised on VMWare technology fulfilling software and hardware requests on daily basis. Technologies the team support -O365 including OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange Online, Yammer, Dynamics 365, Skype aswell as other Microsoft apps online, Service Now, SAP, BI and CRM to name a few.
What would you be doing in the role of a Graduate Service Desk Technician?
- You will work primarily with the Service Desk Team liaising with other departments that include developers, consultants, senior engineers in IT aswell as vendors & suppliers such as Microsoft, Vodafone, HP, EMC, Eir etc
- You will work as part of the support team that are the front line for IT into our business
- Work can vary from remote troubleshooting, device rollouts, training & supporting customers throughout the business with IT queries
- You will be trained in Service Now, our call logging system-ensure all calls/e-mails are logged, updated & resolved according to internal SLAs and best practice.
- You will be trained and certified in the ITIL framework and learn how to apply this to your daily tasks.
- You will be trained on O365 & related Microsoft apps in order to support the growing use of this cloud technology.
- Opportunities on the team are available for specialists in Infrastructure or Application where a candidate has proven to be skilled in that area & has proceeded with certifications in the relevant technology.
Are you the right person for the role?
- In order to be considered you should be on track to receive or have received an IT or business related Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Able to build and maintain strong relationship with team, department, IT Managers, customers & end users through strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Organised with excellent time management capabilities.
- Naturally positive attitude towards customer service.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure with strong problem solving skills.
- ‘Can do’ attitude, focused on meeting deadlines and on high quality deliverables on a high paced team.
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and Cover Letter by October 31st 2020.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!