Glenilen Farm is a dairy manufacturer of high end clean simple dairy products based on the farm at Drimoleague ,West Cork. Establishing itself over the last 20 years with a reputation of really good tasting products serving mainstream retailers and high end food service operations both in Ireland and UK. Glenilen Farm is for people interested and passionate about their job and doing it well. We take pride in quality, flavour and taste, sustainable production using green initiatives is very important to what we do. We strive to combine modern technology with simple ingredients to bring our customers the best in class. The people who work with us play a critical role in driving the continued success of our business. Every day is different, if you are resilient, ambitious, and a team player, Glenilen Farm could be the place for you to thrive and grow in your career!
* PURPOSE OF ROLE
To develop and launch new and/or upgraded product concepts, project managing these concepts through the development process to launch on time and to cost, ensuring that the taste profile and ingredient deck match with Glenilen Farms ethos and quality standards are upheld. To resolve issues and manage specific project goals.
* REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Key Contacts and people you will be working with. NPD Manager. Production Manager. Quality manager on a daily basis.
* DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
New Product Development
* To ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation and aware of new competitor launches and current food trends.
* To ensure that all new products are developed in line with product briefs.
* To manage the NPD process though weekly cross functional NPD meetings
* To take ownership of the NPD process by helping put in place procedures and a clear workable process, which is clearly defined within the business. Ensure compliance and communication at each stage effectively both internally & externally.
* To ensure that all developments satisfy taste, flavour, price, quality, technical & operational parameters by means of a NPD Governance Process.
* To ensure that all products developed are in line with company ethos and strategy.
* To ensure critical path is managed on multiple projects with key milestones achieved
* Ensure that the NPD and operations team work with a “can-do” attitude.
* To work with our marketing team and clearly communicate development briefs (product, price and technical requirements
* To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the food retailing market, . via trade press, food magazines & competitor shopping, to ensure development of cutting edge & market leading products.)
* To have a strong awareness of consumer trends – work closely with marketing to improve customer insight.
* Attend internal & external taste panels when required
* ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
* Graduate of culinary studies or similar
* One years’ experience of new product development beneficial.
* Great project & time management skills
* Drive & impetus to go out & seek new ideas and drive to launch
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills at all levels
* Able to work both as an individual & a team player
* Need to be creative and have a thirst for knowledge
* Not frightened to challenge the “norm”
* Basic computer literacy – excel, word, PowerPoint
* Demonstrate an above standard knowledge & understanding of food
* Excellent presentation skills
* Problem Solving
* Strong leadership skills
* Communication Skills
* Ability to think outside of the box
* Dealing with difficult situations
* Good interpersonal Skills
* working as part of team
* Developing people
* Ability to work under pressure Each of our candidates deserves to be treated with fairness, respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring, training, compensating, and promoting persons based on their individual talents and abilities.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: €30,000.00 to €35,000.00 /year
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 30/10/2020
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!