Kerry Group Europe Graduate Programme 2021 - Operations
At Kerry we’re obsessed with food and with an ambition to provide 1 billion people access to more sustainable nutrition, this isn’t a ‘typical’ graduate programme. But then, you’re not a typical graduate.
With over 26,000 employees, sales in over 150+ countries and 130 different manufacturing locations we are ambitious and continually growing. If you’re looking for responsibility and exposure to meaningful projects and if you have an open and flexible approach, then a career at Kerry could be right for you.
As an Operations graduate, you will have responsibility to co-ordinate and drive the delivery of operational targets, initiatives and improvements at one of our manufacturing facilities.
You will be required to support department managers in delivering factory performance improvements through the facilitation of Site teams using lean tools and techniques.
Initially with a very hands on approach to developing capability and leadership skills, you will develop into a People Manager with potential Shift Management responsibility. You will have specific project tasks related to driving the introduction of aspects of strategic change as the business continues to grow.
Your direct Line Manager will be the Production Manager, but you may also receive instruction from the Operations Manager or other Managers as appropriate.
You will have real opportunity to engage right across the business and make a difference early in your career. You will be supported and work alongside one of the most experienced food manufacturing teams in the world.
Please note that we have over 130 manufacturing locations worldwide and you may be required to relocate or travel to some of them.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below and are subject to change according to business needs:
- Support the Site Strategic Agenda and the successful implementation and maintenance of the Kerry Manufacturing Standard (Site Audit Standard).
- Identify, manage, and execute initiatives to deliver significant improvements in the areas of:
- Delivery / Service
- Operating efficiency (Labour, Process Lines & Cost Optimisation)
- People Management
- Materials control and efficiency
- Facilitate and support management teams (and other teams) involved in major transformational projects (e.g. re-engineering the major Site business processes).
- Ensure all direct reports are fully trained and equipped with the necessary skills to operate in an environment that promotes safety and well-being.
- Support the Site Lean Programme to ensure the effective training and deployment of the principles, projects, tools and techniques (as appropriate) and KPIs etc.
- Maintain awareness of best practice and modern improvement techniques.
- Ensure familiarity is achieved with Kerry’s preferred method of problem solving (root cause, 8 step etc.)
What we are looking for:
Minimum 2:1 degree in Food Science Technology, Process Engineering, Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in a second European language such as Dutch, German, Spanish, Polish, Lithuanian is an advantage
- Ideally familiar with lean / CI principles and with some awareness of best practice.
- Can demonstrate clear experience of successful leadership in their academic and non-academic development.
- Fluency in a second European language such as French, Polish, Italian
- Demonstrates a passion for Food.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement
Nice to have
Industry placement/internship is desirable
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!