Sustainable Textile & Fashion Designer - James Arthur Ltd
Who we are…..
Based in Ballina Co Mayo, James Arthur Limited designs Licensed Apparel for brands such as Guinness for example, including t-shirts, hoodies, headwear and sportswear. The company distributes these items wholesale to independent and specialty stores across Ireland and the US. They also manage the Amazon store and the official online store for Guinness Merchandise for US and Ireland.
What the role will involve…….
James Arthur Ltd are making a conscious effort to become a sustainable brand with a focus on quality, using materials and finishes that are made to last as well as reducing their environmental footprint. The aim of this project is to develop a new sustainable range of Guinness branded apparel alongside a new heritage sustainable Nephin Peaks apparel collection for James Arthur.
This will involve researching, designing, prototyping and manufacturing clothing ranges with sustainable, biodegradable and reusable fabrics. The project will also consider sustainable approaches to packaging in line with an expected increase in online sales, exploring which materials can be recycled, reused and are biodegradable.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €30k - €36k, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Ulster University and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Min 2.1 degree in Textiles and Fashion Design with expertise in knitted apparel/garment construction
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have…..
- Postgraduate qualification in Textiles and Fashion
- Experience of working in industry would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of Adobe CC (Photoshop/illustrator/Indesign)
- Understanding of yarns/fibres and fabric construction for knitted textiles and sustainable approaches to textiles and fashion
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!