Data analyst Software Engineer - Anecto Ltd
Who we are…
Anecto was established in Galway in 1994 and is a leading provider of service solutions to the power conversion industry. Anecto designs, tests and provides service solutions and maintenance services across various electronic control and power components utilized in Power Conversion technology. The company primarily operates in Ireland, the UK, France, Spain and Germany
What the role will involve…
Anecto have identified an opportunity to develop a sensor based system that will predict faults on wind turbine power converters. This will provide significant cost and time savings for clients as maintenance downtime could be reduced by up to 90%. The system will provide users with important data from each wind turbine. It will apply data-analytics based algorithms on a device to perform diagnostics and predict faults. The user interface will display real-time data to remote clients. Anecto have the opportunity of being the first company to offer this type of system to clients in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
The everyday activities will involve Design, code, test and debug software for the system according to Anecto's quality standards and procedures. Full Design documentation will be needed. Curating test data for testing the quality of the systems predictions will be involved. Evaluation and recommendation of software and hardware solutions to meet user needs may also be requested.
A salary in the range of €32k to €46k is offered dependent on experience. The successful graduate will be a leader of this 18 Month project in a supportive partnership with North West Regional College. The graduate will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (2:2 Degree Min, NFQ level 7 or equivalent)
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
- Experience in software development and Data Analytics
- Demonstratable knowledge in one or more of the following: Python, C, Big Data, Tableau/ PowerBi, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine learning
We would like you to have…
- Understanding of electronics in relation to renewable energy generation
- 1-year commercial experience in software development
- Commercial Experience in Data analytics or data visualisation or machine learning.
- Excellent working knowledge in two or more of the following: Python, C, Big Data, Tableau/PowerBi, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine learning
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!