Automation Engineer - Sean Nugent Engineering Ltd
Who we are…..
Based in Dungannon Co Tyrone, Sean Nugent Engineering Ltd manufacturers a range of Agricultural Machinery and Trailers. The range of trailers includes flat beds, general purpose, plant, tilt bed, tipper and the flagship Livestock range. The company has also more recently diversified into Horse Box manufacture.
What the role will involve…….
The company wishes to develop and integrate automation into its welding production process. Currently the company has 30 manual welder operatives working across 3 product sectors (lightweight trailers, commercial body building and agricultural equipment). This results in a diverse range of welding/fabrication activities and skillset development. With the growth of the company in recent years, these once bespoke products are now, in the main, standardised and produced in sufficient quantity and repetition to consider the benefits of automation. Nugent has purchased an ABB robotic arm; so this project will develop a new automated welding process. The project will focus not only on the welding process but also the moving parameters and materials layout.
This is going to be primarily a new process development project, which will then trial the development of a new Tipper trailer product during the final 5-6 months of the project
As well as an attractive salary offering of £24,000 per annum, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Trinity College Dublin and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Hold at least a 2.2 Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Legally permitted to work in the UK
We would like you to have…..
- Experience in design and manufacturing or production processes.
- (Solidworks preferable)
- Sound Knowledge of 3D modelling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, good problem solver.
- Strong organisational and planning ability.
- Ability to work in a team on motivate others.
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative.
- Previous experience in Engineering company
- Interest in the design of manufacturing processes and robots programming
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!