Manufacturing Graduate Programme 2021, Galway
2021 Graduate Manufacturing Engineer - Galway
Boston Scientific has exciting opportunities for Graduate Engineers across three Irish sites: Galway, Cork and Clonmel.
Boston Scientific Galway is Boston Scientific’s first international manufacturing facility, was established in Ireland in 1994. The facility has expanded significantly since then and it now comprises a modern purpose built 400,000 square foot facility housing both manufacturing and research and development. The facility is located on the outskirts of Galway city overlooking the famous Ballybrit Racecourse with an onsite gym, Starbucks and large canteen. The Galway facility is unique within the Boston Scientific Corporation structure in so far as it is the only facility that produces products for three of the organisations main product ranges. Galway has a full array of supporting Technologies on site which renders it virtually self-sufficient in the supply of its own sub-assemblies. Products - used to access, diagnose and treat anatomic sites - span 60 categories and include more than 14,500 product variants.
As an employer we know that to get the best, we have to give the best. That is why our Graduate Programme is committed to giving each graduate a variety of experience within our organisation and structured on the job training.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious person to gain exceptional experience in a large manufacturing multinational that will highly benefit their future career and complement his/her studies.
During the Programme, graduates will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology in a state of the art facility with the most up to date equipment and technology.
In Operations, provides daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment in order to achieve production goals (i.e., quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and safety). In New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering, supports the development and advancement of product design deliverables for next generation and already commercialised products.
- Identifies exceptions and may seek assistance for exceptional problems.
- Assists in the development and analysis of process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements
- Actively interacts with cross-functional team members, always practising good teamwork, in support of day-to-day operating requirements
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects
- As part of development, may assume engineering responsibility for a defined process and/or product or for defined design deliverables
- Interfaces with vendors, possibly physicians and other technical consultants to ensure results
- May supervise the work of a number of technicians
- To achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Requirements/ Experience for Graduate Programme:
- Must have an NFQ Level 8 degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) discipline with a minimum of 2.1 QCA, completed by Sep 2021.
- Relevant work experience/ co-op programme completed
- Strong system skills and aptitude
- Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Eligible to work in Ireland
Closing Date of Applications is 6th January 2021.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!