Quality Graduate Programme 2021, Galway
Boston Scientific has exciting opportunities for Graduate Engineers across three Irish sites: Galway, Cork and Clonmel.
Boston Scientific Galway is Boston Scientific’s first international manufacturing facility, was established in Ireland in 1994. The facility has expanded significantly since then and it now comprises a modern purpose built 400,000 square foot facility housing both manufacturing and research and development. The facility is located on the outskirts of Galway city overlooking the famous Ballybrit Racecourse with an onsite gym, Starbucks & large canteen. The Galway facility is unique within the Boston Scientific Corporation structure in so far as it is the only facility that produces products for three of the organisation's main product ranges. Galway has a full array of supporting Technologies on site which renders it virtually self-sufficient in the supply of its own sub-assemblies. Products - used to access, diagnose and treat anatomic sites - span 60 categories and include more than 14,500 product variants.
As an employer we know that to get the best, we have to give the best. That is why our Graduate Programme is committed to giving each graduate a variety of experience within our organisation and structured on the job training.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious person to gain exceptional experience in a large manufacturing multinational that will highly benefit their future career and complement his/her studies.
During the Programme, graduates will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology in a state-of-the-art facility with the most up to date equipment and technology.
To provide daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment in order to achieve production goals (i.e., quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and safety).
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Assists to define and implement all Quality standards and specifications and helps to ensure that Corporate and Regulatory requirements are met
- Identifies and resolves moderately complex exceptions to work assignments
- May participate directly in a new product/technology transfer to gain the necessary experience/exposure which such a challenge presents.
- Uses knowledge of Six Sigma, Statistical Analysis and Lean principles to investigate and solve problems and improve quality.
- Will be broadly conversant with validation techniques and associated Regulatory requirements including analysis of customer feedback and complaints.
- Understands and proactively follow through on the Environmental Management.
- Actively interacts with cross-functional team members, always practising good teamwork, in support of day-to-day operating requirements.
- May supervise the work of a number of technicians.
- To achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives.
Requirements/ Experience for Graduate Programme:
- Must have NFQ Level 8 degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) discipline with a minimum of 2.1 QCA, completed by Sep 2021.
- Strong system skills and aptitude,
- Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
Closing Date of Applications is 6th January 2021.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!