2021 Summer Internship Programme
Join us for a summer to remember
Are you in your second last year of university and on track to receive a 2.1 or above? If so, we’d love to have you join us for a summer to remember. You can choose to intern in any of our offices; Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Limerick, Waterford or Wexford. You’ll experience the life of a PwC graduate during a fully paid internship.
As part of your internship experience, you'll take part in our Employability Programme. Here, you’ll learn about business, interpersonal skills and teamwork, present to senior partners and show what you've learned and how far you've come.
All in all, our summer internship experience adds up to the best opportunity to think beyond your summer. Apply today and find out if a career in professional services is right for you.
* In light of COVID-19 and government restrictions we are still shaping what our 2021 programme will look like and will provide more details before you interview.
Which area is right for me?
Choose to apply for an internship in our Assurance, Risk Assurance, Tax, Consulting or Deals practice.
If you join our Assurance services practice, you’ll get the chance to work as part of a highly skilled and experienced team. You’ll work with a range of local and global clients across a variety of industries, working as part of a team to ensure the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements. You’ll assist with the review of internal controls in their business and share your insights with senior management. You’ll use your analytical and technical skills to help our clients identify risks and opportunities across their operations. You’ll work with start-ups to global corporations, including many of Ireland’s top 100 companies.
As part of the Risk assurance group, you will use your analytical, technical and communication skills to help our clients face threats and find opportunities. We work to strengthen our clients' processes and improve the performance and efficiency of their business operations. We also help organisations improve critical decision making by harnessing the power of data analytics. If you're able to see the big picture and the small details, you'll be an invaluable member of the Risk Assurance team.
If you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging field that never stands still, tax is the place for you. You'll have the opportunity to work in personal tax, corporation tax, indirect taxes or capital taxes, supporting your team and delivering tax consulting and compliance advice to clients. You will assist with the preparation of tax advice memorandums, tax research, preparing and filing tax returns. All the while, you'll be advising your clients of changes in legislation which may affect them and their business.
If you join consulting you’ll work with some of the best known brands in Irish business and help them to solve their biggest issues. You’ll help our clients innovate and find new ways to improve their operations and performance. As a consulting intern, your communication skills and ability to advise will help bring fresh insight to our clients and the issues they face. You’ll work with businesses across a range of sectors, including financial services, pharmaceuticals and technology.
There are two streams within consulting to choose between; Technology consulting or Management Consulting. There are specialist areas within each group;
- Technology Consulting
- Cybersecurity and forensics, Data and analytics, Digital, Technology
- Strategy and management consulting
- Financial effectiveness, Financial services and regulation, Operational effectiveness, People and organisation, Project and programme management (PPM), Strategy
In our deals practice, we work with well-known national and international clients and top executive management on a daily basis to help them improve the ways that they function and face the future.
During your summer with us, you will use your analytical, technical and communication skills to work on real client projects. You will have the opportunity to develop real insights into the companies we work with, and discover if a career in deals is the right fit for you.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a strong academic background with good analytical and problem solving skills
- You will need to be on target for a minimum 2.1 degree to be eligible to apply
- You enjoy a challenge, and have a desire to provide high quality services to help our clients grow and meet the challenges they face
- You are organised self-starter, excellent communicator, and an enthusiastic team player
- You demonstrate the PwC Professional attributes; Whole Leadership, Global & Inclusive, Technical & Digital, Relationships and Business Acumen
- We value diversity and new ways of thinking, accepting applications from all degree disciplines.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!