Junior Software Tester – Kraków
FDM is a FTSE 250 company, multi award-winning employer and market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We’re new to Poland, but with over 5,000+ employees, we provide IT services on a global scale and work with clients in 30+ industries across the UK, Europe, North America and APAC, launching the careers of over 2,000 graduates every year.
Today, companies are constantly looking for skilled professionals who are ready to take on new challenges and create a real impact on their business performance. Over 3,900 FDM consultants are currently placed with our clients working on these exciting advancements in technology.
This specific role will be based within a leading global bank and will provide fantastic cutting-edge experience combining technology with the financial services sector. We are recruiting for multiple roles to work as a team of Software Testing Consultants with one of our clients based in central Kraków.
In your role, you will be responsible for identifying possible technical defects and errors that, if not detected, could potentially lead to services disruptions and software failures and thus contributing to business optimisation. You’ll be in charge of ensuring that programmes and applications are working effectively and meeting all technical and business requirements. You will be working on a range of exciting projects involving testing hardware and infrastructure or digital projects, where you’ll be testing applications across digital portfolios, including mobile applications and web applications.
FDM will provide you with the necessary training to gain the skills needed for this particular role. We welcome applicants from all degree backgrounds. All you need is your drive and passion for building an exciting and dynamic career in the world’s fastest growing industry.
What we offer you
- 8 weeks of acclaimed and commercially relevant paid training in:
- Professional and Communication skills (employability skills, interview preparation and CV tailoring
- Unix and Shell scripting
- Excel VBA
- ISTQB Certificate
- Web Application Design
- Manual Testing
- Usability and Accessibility Testing
- Opportunity to achieve industry-recognised qualifications
- Chance to secure a placement with world-renowned companies - after 18 months of commercial experience, you can decide to continue working for the client, progress to be a senior consultant at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience you have gained
- Opportunities for career development in Poland as well as internationally
- Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Open door to tech talks, networking and social events
We ask you have
- University degree (score 4 and above) – preferably within a technology discipline, but all degrees are welcome
- Eligibility to work in Poland
- Preferred English level B2 or higher
- Passion for technology - no previous experience in the field required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Motivation, ambition and a drive to succeed
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Interest in working in Kraków to support our international clients
- Commitment to an 18-months contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
With 90+ nationalities working together as a team, we encourage inclusivity and celebrate diversity, in terms of background, culture and skills. Our Women in Tech initiative supports women in the industry, aiming to create a more gender balanced workforce. As a part of the FDM consultant community, your efforts will always be recognised and rewarded, and you will be supported throughout your FDM journey to achieve your career goals.
Whether you've been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you. Why not make an application today to secure your place for our upcoming training session starting in March 2021?
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!