Millennium Management - Corporate Technology – Summer Intern 2021
Millennium Management is a global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $47 billion asset under management. Millennium has c.3000 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our investment strategies are primarily focused around the Equities, Fixed Income, and Commodities markets.
Our summer intern programme is for candidates who are undertaking a university degree and in their penultimate year of study. We are looking for students with strong academic achievements, who are highly motivated and have an interest in pursuing a career in financial markets. Over the course of the 10-week programme, you will gain an insight into the day-to-day activities within core infrastructure departments and how they support the wider business. The internship will afford true hands-on experience with real job responsibilities in a fast-paced and supportive work environment. If you are ambitious, results-driven and ready to be challenged, we want to talk.
The Corporate Technology team develops systems and processes to support the core infrastructure functions within the firm including Treasury, Middle Office, Operations, Finance and Compliance.
This role is within the Equities Transaction Processing and Enterprise Data team. The technology stack includes amongst other technologies Python, Scala, Java, Angular, Kafka and various AWS platforms.
- Analysis, design and implementation of software
- Hands on dev ops tasks to improve the software delivery process
- End to end delivery for Middle Office, Operations and traders
- Students in their penultimate year who are interested in a future career at a top-tier alternative asset financial services firm
- Major in Computer Science preferred
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills
- Python/Java/Scala/Angular development skills
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to any situation quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills - hardworking, friendly, honest, enthusiastic
- Strives to drive continuous improvement
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!