Digital Engineering Research Associate, McFarland Consulting
Who we are…..
McFarland Consulting Ltd (MCL) are experts in the field of forensic engineering, structural health monitoring and preparation of bespoke remedial solutions to repair damaged or deteriorating structures and buildings. Based in Belfast, We provide our services to a wide range of clients including government bodies, asset owners/managers, contractors, legal experts, and fellow engineering consultants, in both the public and private sectors. Our projects include commercial, industrial and heritage buildings, bridges, tunnels, rail, marine structures, multi-storey car parks, energy and power structures and water structures throughout Ireland, the UK, and Channel Islands. The company has developed a specialism in monitoring bridge structural integrity.
What the role will involve…….
The aim of this innovative project is to develop a new Virtual Communication Environment (VCE) that will:
- use virtual and augmented reality, to provide a visual and interactive experience for clients. This will allow them to visualize their assets and see how MCL reviews the structure using sensors and subsequently obtains the necessary data on which to evaluate the performance - all virtually, in real time, in a 3D environment, without actually being physically present on-site. It will also move employees to a digital way of working.
- deliver a digital communication platform for staff that will replace the high levels of paper-based activities both internally and when working with clients, other professionals linked to projects.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £25,000 - £30,000, the successful graduate will lead this 12 Month project, in a supportive partnership with University of Limerick and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have…….
- Degree in a construction/engineering related subject
- Be legally permitted to work in the UK
We would like you to have…..
- Experience of working within the construction/engineering sector
- Knowledge of Virtual and/or Augmented Reality
- Civil Engineering (Hons) degree
- Proficient in the use of virtual and/or augmented reality hardware and software
- Excellent process design capabilities (knowledge and experience)
- A detailed knowledge of process development and implementation
- Previous working experience in the integration of software systems into an organisation
To apply for this opportunity and for further information, please visit: https://intertradeireland.com/career-boost/current-vacancies/
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!