Tokyo, Japan - Graduate IT Support Consultant – 2021
- 2-year Graduate Programme
- For Information Technology and Computing related technical degree graduates
- Commencing around July to October 2021 – dependent on the Covid-19 related travel and safety circumstances.
- Japanese language skills NOT required to apply! - we’ll help you in your efforts to learn Japanese where you get here!
Launch your IT Services career with us… in Japan!
Japan is an amazing place, not only to visit but also to live and work. It’s natural beauty, it’s history, rich traditional culture and world-famous popular culture (and not to mention the weird and wonderful sub-cultures); it’s massive modern metropolises and excellent infrastructure, the food scene, it’s public safety record ...the list goes on!
Come work with us and find out for yourself!
Choose a path less travelled; a unique, rewarding and life-changing experience.
And, set yourself up for a lifetime of IT career success!
Join our team of IT Solutions & Support Engineers providing professional IT Support and Project Management services to many great multinational enterprise companies (fantastic for the résumé!)
We'll support you every step of the way in making the transition to life in Tokyo –
- Visa application support,
- Accommodation provided, comfortable and easily accessible to all Tokyo has to offer – and only walking distance from EIRE’s Tokyo head office.
- Assistance in learning the Japanese language and;
- A very warm welcome on arrival in Tokyo, with the support of a vibrant local Irish community!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Acting as IT consultants and project managers at client sites, we design, build and support office IT environments, back-end networks, data centers and security and mobile infrastructure solutions. Each of our clients has unique technology demands, making for a dynamic and challenging job role and a rewarding career development opportunity.
As a Graduate Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer support for various end-user computing technologies - i.e. desktop PCs, mobile devices and other office equipment, standard office and financial applications, client-server and cloud/web-based solutions etc.
Working with our team of experienced engineers, you will work in the field as a Support Technician and Systems Administrator for many different clients. You'll work in and around Tokyo, on-site at a variety of small, medium and large multi-national corporations.
Graduate Training includes a combination of on-the-job shadowing and mentor-ship and just the right amount of sink-or-swim style problem solving. As you learn and familiarize yourself with our support model, our customers and their technical environments, you will be assigned clients of your own.
And when you're not busy with projects and business-as-usual support tasks, you'll be studying for professional IT certifications and attending Japanese language classes.
Applicants will be expected to learn and develop in-depth technical knowledge of current and emerging hardware and software technologies and study for certifications provided by major technology vendors and other information providers.
Your high work ethic and motivation to develop both technical and professional expertise will be rewarded with ongoing opportunities to tackle a variety of IT projects and support services; a full range of tasks including:
- PC and mobile computing deployments and upgrade projects
- Implementation and management of Windows networks in a cloud environment
- Multi-site deployments; active directory, email and messaging technology support
- Network cabling solutions and Cisco device installs, configuration and support
- Security solutions (firewalls/encryption technologies) installation and maintenance
- VMware configurations with multiple SANs
- Conducting Site surveys and preparing systems audits, reports and recommendations
- Project management, project planning and implementation
- Vendor Management and Hardware/Software procurement consulting and support
- Customer management is a major challenge in this role.
Ability to work without constant supervision as well as good time management skills (i.e. identifying and prioritizing tasks) will be key to your success.
JPY 3,600,000 p.a. salary + Housing provided + Japanese Language Classes
- Health & social insurance benefits;
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Bank Holidays (on the 2021 calendar there are 19 bank holidays!)
- Local transportation / commuting costs paid;
- Discounted fitness gym memberships and great deals on various other leisure activities;
- Cash bonuses for achieving professional/technical certifications
- Company social events (incl. Ski Trip, Kart Racing, Charity Fun-Run, Hanami Party, annual Bonnenkai and others);
- Access to a lake-side vacation cottage (free of charge, reservations required)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Information Technology, Computing and related technical Bachelor Degree, with an above average academic record
- IT industry work experience and/or solid foundation knowledge of Windows, Cisco and Linux would be an advantage.
- Native level English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Japanese language skills not required - we’ll help you in your efforts to learn Japanese!
The EIRE Systems graduate hiring program will be most suited to recent graduates who wish to gain skills and experience in supporting and implementing IT infrastructure solutions (end-user computing, networking etc.).
ABOUT APPLICATION, INTERVIEWS & STARTING DATES:
Following the initial application screening, short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule a telephone or Skype interview. Subsequent interview steps will be discussed during or following the initial introduction and screening process.
We intend to make offers to the successful candidates around April/May 2021 with a view to graduates commencing employment some time between July to October 2021 – dependent on the Covid-19 related travel and safety circumstances at the time.
Employment offers will be subject to reference checks and verification of academic qualifications.
Before you Apply: Please note that opportunities for software development and programming are not currently offered. If your heart is set on a programming and software development career, be aware of this now and avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!