Virtu Summer Internship, 2021 UK & Ireland
London or Dublin (remote), Ten-week program
Virtu Financial (Virtu) is a collective of individuals who don't think like anyone else, who powerfully come together and form a global financial technology firm like no other.
Our summer internship is an interactive program designed to fully immerse candidates in the day-to-day activities of participating teams within the firm. The goal is to help undergraduates discover the range of career opportunities in the financial services industry.
- Eligibility: Applicants currently pursuing a college or university degree. While no finance background is necessary, please note:
- Applicants can be from any major, but computer science, math, physics, statistics and related fields are preferred.
- You possess quantitative problem-solving and mathematical aptitude.
- You have programming experience (Python, SQL, Java or C++ is a plus).
- Program Type: Full-time internship.
- Program Length: Ten-weeks, from 7 June - 13 August 2021 (with some flexibility if needed).
- City: London, Dublin or virtual depending on regional COVID-19 restrictions.
- Projects: Interns will be assigned to a team within Virtu where they will work collaboratively to address day-to-day challenges and/or implement specific projects. Senior members from Virtu's trading, quant, and development teams will provide guidance and mentorship.
- Program Training:
- Intern orientation will cover Virtu's culture, history, values, benefits and the responsibilities of being a professional team member
- Interns will receive program training designed to immerse them in the firm's daily activities and team-specific instruction to help them succeed
- Participants will put their skills to work alongside other interns and Virtu professionals
- Network with various Virtu professionals via internal culture-building events
- Have access to Virtu's library of product and services webinars, Virtu U's and attend internal product demonstrations
- Deadline: Applications for our 2021 program are now open and will close 1st March 2021
BEYOND YOUR EDUCATION, WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Desire to learn more about our products and services and how they are used
- Re-conceptualize issues to discover new solutions
- Possess a willingness to contribute ideas outside of your area of specialty
- Welcome alternate perspective
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately
- You thrive on change and can challenge current assumptions in favor of better approaches
- Provide candid, helpful feedback regarding what is best for Virtu
- Good at using data to support your intuition
- Think strategically and can articulate your actions (the why and why-not)
- Take smart risks and are open to possible failure
- Keep Virtu agile by mitigating complexity in favor of simplicity
- You identify root causes and go beyond treating the symptoms
THE SELECTION PROCESS
After an initial resume screening, select applicants will receive an online programming-skills test (Codility, a third-party evaluation service) via email?so please be sure to monitor your email inbox. Following that, successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. We look forward to learning more about you.
WHAT DRIVES VIRTU
Come to Virtu, where a global community of individuals gathers and uses transparency and technology to pave the way towards more efficient global capital markets.
Outsiders can sometimes have a hard time defining what Virtu is and we are ok with that?we have never cared much for labels. We apply our unique brand of problem solving and technologies to the entire trade lifecycle. This can mean that we are many things to many people, such as a global market maker but also an execution services provider. We also offer a vast array of solutions that span the electronic trading gamut from execution algos, to trade analytics and big data capabilities to workflow technologies to liquidity venues and much more.
While we turn complex challenges into simple and efficient solutions, we have never lost sight of what is essentially Virtu?that we work and play as one team. We believe that supporting and having fun with each other across business lines and geographies helps spark inspiration and creative problem-solving that propels our firm forward. Guided by a culture of integrity, collaboration, excellence, commitment, and simplicity we want you to do more than join our company, we expect you to leave your mark.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
About Virtu Financial
Virtu is a leading provider of financial services and products that leverages cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to its clients. Leveraging its global market making expertise and infrastructure, Virtu provides a robust product suite including offerings in execution, liquidity sourcing, analytics and broker-neutral, multi-dealer platforms in workflow technology. Virtu?s product offerings allow clients to trade on hundreds of venues across 50+ countries and in multiple asset classes, including global equities, ETFs, foreign exchange, futures, fixed income and a myriad of other commodities. In addition, Virtu?s integrated, multi-asset analytics platform provides a range of pre and post-trade services, data products and compliance tools that clients rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global markets.
© 2021 Virtu Financial, Inc. All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced or retransmitted without permission. These materials are for informational purposes and are not intended to be used to make trading or investment decisions, they are not intended as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security or financial product, and are not intended as advice (investment, tax or legal). The information contained herein includes Virtu proprietary information and/or has been taken from sources we believe to be reliable, but we do not represent or warrant that such information is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such.
Securities products and services are offered by the following subsidiaries of Virtu Financial, Inc. In the U.S., Virtu Americas LLC, member FINRA and SIPC; in Canada, Virtu ITG Canada Corp., member Canadian Investor Protection Fund and Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada; in Europe, Virtu ITG Europe Limited, registered in Ireland No. 283940 (?VIEL?) (VIEL is authorized and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland), and Virtu Financial Ireland Limited, registered in Ireland No. 471719 (?VFIL?) (VFIL is authorized and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland). The registered office of VIEL and VFIL is Whitaker Court, Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson?s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland; in Asia, Virtu ITG Hong Kong Limited (SFC License No. AHD810), Virtu ITG Singapore Pte Limited (CMS License No. 100138-1), and Virtu ITG Australia Limited (AFS License No. 219582).
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!